Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Assignment 3 - My Poster & Design Brief

Good designer will optimize the situation by finding the very best solution to a problem. Thus, we designed poster about global warming to bring alertness to people.

My area of choice is extinction which is one of the effects of global warming. Statement above shows that as global warming is getting serious, we should concern and take action to prevent extinction getting even worse in future.

I think that educating children to protect our earth is very important. Thus, I draw a cute Santa Claus to attract young generation.

There is a Santa Claus pulling his sledge without elk in the poster. It means that elk already become extinct because global warming’s effect so the Santa Claus have to pull sledge himself.

I use many red colour to finish this poster. Besides red can bring out the aura of Christmas, red indicate danger of extinct animal. Moreover, red corresponds to desire & thirst for action to protect animals. Furthermore, red can attract people on sight, after saw the red Santa Claus and sledge, people’s sight will move to the biggest size black word which is my statement.

On the other hand, the color of the background is soft to contrast with red colour. I also want use the soft feeling to bring out the happiness to have snow scenery. I believe that if human still don’t have awakening to stop global warming, we can’t saw the beautiful snow scenery in the future.

I copy many small size words as my poster background to attract people curious about what I want to say. After they observe carefully, they will found that “Santa Claus lost his elk”, I think that it is a interesting way to convey my meaning of the poster. Other than that, I change their colours as texture of my statement.

Hope my poster will give awareness to people to stop global warming.

1 comment:

Sharifah Sarah bt. Syed Idros said...

cool lor ur step of design!!!
i luv it!
yy..next time teach me more.. ^^
Ganbatte ne!! (^ ^)V